Monday, 31 August 2009
Sunday, 30 August 2009
as you all must know, run this town is just so huge but i just want to say that in the music video for run this town, rihannas hair looks very la roux. both of them are making me desperate to get short hair but im just way too chicken.
and lastly just wanted to say that pixie lott has such a killer voice and her new single boys and girls just shows off what a great voice she has, also the music video shows off her killer legs btw what is it with the short shorts at the moment? pixie lott, katy perry and lady gaga are all rocking the shorts which are just a tiny bit to short thereby showing just a tiny bit of killer ass!! have a great day x
Sunday, 23 August 2009
- esmee denters does have a decent voice but her song isnt exactly ground breaking. maybe shell get more interesting in a few years but im sure shes one to watch out for even though her debut single is so weak
- calvin harris is doing amazing in the charts with ready for the weekend. its an incredible song and im just loving everything hes coming out with at the moment. all very experimental and interesting.
- little boots is very cute and tiny but with an incredible voice. her single remedy which i think reached no. 6 is so catchy!
okay im going to go back to my packing and im not sure when ill be blogging next but have a good night x
- okay you know my florence obsession. just check her out. legendary.
- la rouxs song quicksand is my new obsession even though its quite old. la roux is just amazing and so talented.
- lily allen is so talented and she has come back with an amazing album.
- pink has just got the most gorgeous sexy voice. its amazing. im so desperate to have a voice like that. id do anything for it.
- calvin harris has got some amazing songs out at the moment namely ready for the weekend
- the streets-fit but you know it. just heard it on the radio and its so cool. the lyrics are so amazing. amazing is my new favourite word.
- nelly furtado. shes just done that flo rida song jump which is decent but i love some of her older stuff like maneater.
- run this town. im sure youve heard so much about this. its a monster! jay z, rihanna and kanye west. it cant be anything but amazing and they really dont disappoint with this killer of a tune!
- check out the goo goo dolls who are just amazing. they have some new stuff but iris is still my favourite. just beautiful music.
so thats enough i think if you find any good music then tell me about it and btw i may be able to do my blog from london but im not sure so if not bye everyone. have an amazing week without me! x
Saturday, 22 August 2009
Friday, 21 August 2009
- the lost prophets-rooftops the song that goes scream your heart out
- lifehouse (a band)
- not that kind of girl by carlene bauer (a book)
- fashion falsehood (a blog)link here
- they will not force us, they will stop degrading us, they will not control us, we will be victorious (muse lyrics)
- hockey (a band)
- everybody by rudenko (an amzing song, very sexy)
- stockholm syndrome by muse
- florence and glas vegas (i am yet to find a good video of this, please leave a comment if you know of where i can get a good video of this)
- fleet foxes (a band)
- dream catch me (a song by newton faulkner)
- elbow (a band from manchester)
- plug in baby by muse
- russell (i just love the name)
- red by daniel merriweather
- empire of the sun-we are the people (i used to be totally addicted to this song!)
- clocks by coldplay (these guys are very irritating but they do make beautiful music)
- the cardigans (what an amazing band)
- the prodigy warriors dance (a killer song)
- dakota stereophonics ( the lead singer has the most gorgeous voice, definately a band worth checking out if you havent already)
- the shops by india knight (one of my favourite books EVER!)
so that concludes this post. some of the last ones on the list are quite old (i really need to delete them) but they are all worth checking out. beautiful music is timeless. have a great weekend! x
Thursday, 20 August 2009
that title is a lyric of muse and i just really related to it and since this post is all about muse i stuck it there looking all awkward as a title! muse have some very strange lyrics but their new song uprising really does have some strange lyrics. here are some of them:
they will not force us, they will stop degrading us, they will not control us, we will be victorious
when i heard those lyrics the first thing i thought of is prostitutes. the lyrics just left me with an image in my head of prostitutes doing a march, campaigning against the goverments attitude towards them. its strange. i think all of their songs are sort of about sex and prostitution and shit like that. like listen to the lyrics of plug in baby or time is running out. but so do arctic monkeys always talk about prostitution. i think prostitutes are probably very interesting to write about. i guess i get inspired by prostitutes by fashion. i dont dress slutty or anything but my favourite colours are red and black and i own like two red dresses which is what prostitutes used to wear. and i love lace and anything sheer, i really do love slutty fashion! i do also love wearing polo necks and layers so as usual i like both extremes! thanx for the comments btw x
Wednesday, 19 August 2009
Tuesday, 18 August 2009
Monday, 17 August 2009
pinks voice, as ive mentioned before, is just beautifully broken. each word of each song sounds like it hurt to say and you just feel her pain. shes so captivating with her lyrics and beautiful voice. one of the few singers who has come back with a much better album than the last. beautiful.
johnny depp, although a very boring man, does have a wonderful voice. when he talks normally, his words just come together to form one gorgeous sound (for want of a better word)
this crazy guy up above is frankmusik who is yes abit strange but he does make amzing music! his song in this weeks chart is confusion girl which is very addictive and very cute! its also very catchy and will go round your head all day! his music always has a great tune! on his website you can hear all his songs, so check it out here.
this beautiful woman is the very lovely florence who you will know as my idol/obsession! beautiful, amzing, talented, i just love her! in the charts at the moment is the legendry rabbit heart but at the moment i am loving her new single which hasnt charted yet called the drumming song. check out the music video here on her website in which she looks so incredible.
and last to be talked about is chicane who i have listened to all through writing this post! his song poppiholla is just amzing. with no words just an beautiful melody, this song is just gorgeous. its also worth checking out his website here because you can listen to some of his other stuff which is also really beautiful.
Sunday, 16 August 2009
just yesterday i suddenly realised that i haven really been talking about books like at all and since they play such a big part in my life i wanna tell you abit about the good books i love! i have always loved reading and i remember a guy saying he learnt everything he knew because of films and i realised i knew everything because of books. its so much better when you read something than watching it. you can imagine it, you can own it, make it your own, and because books are not censored and you dont have to be a certain age to read certain books, it just doent feel as dirty. i just love reading!
so one of my all-time favourite books is the prequel to gossip girl which is just amazing! i just totally love all the characters and they are all so unique and amazing! thats why i hate the tv series so much because its strips them of all their gorgeous quirks and stereotypes them and i just cant watch that program that program without wanting to kill the writers of it (and no, i dont have anger issues!). i love so many other books but ill tell you guys about them another time, once ive calmed down! im just not in very good mood at the moment! sorry! x
ps heres a link to amazon. the best online shop to buy books! i love book shops!
Friday, 14 August 2009
so this isnt really a tormenting decision! im going to read this book hopefully starting today and finish it by wednesday when im going to the cinema to see this film (the time travellers wife) and im looking forward coz this film just looks breathtaking like all gorgeous scenery and beautiful people! im actually quite excited!
Thursday, 13 August 2009
Wednesday, 12 August 2009
okay im back from my holiday and it was crazy! i had so much fun and it was so cool to go to sleep listening to sheep baaing (or whatever that noise they make is called!). although in the middle of the night, in the rain, i had to walk up to the toilet which was full of flying daddy-long-legs and flies!! we camped in wales and it was raining alot but we managed to go out and have a good time although its nice to be home now and to sleep in my own bed, have a warm shower and go to a clean bathroom which is free of creepy crawlies!
so while we were camping we had no radio but we had a cd player and my friend brought along the new killers album, day and age, and its really grown on me! im really lovng the killers now. im especially loving spaceman and everytime we got to that song we put the volume up really loud coz its just amzing!
by the way if you want a very loud song, my favourite song to blast out the windows is smells like teen spirit by nirvana which is just wow! theres no words to describe how genius it is!
Sunday, 9 August 2009
Friday, 7 August 2009
Thursday, 6 August 2009
me and my friend seem to always be buying crappy magazines at the moment. we used to be those posh girls who bought vogue for £4 every month but now we keep on buying crap magazines because theyre so much cheaper (pick me up and love it are only 68p!) and we have so much fun laughing at the articles which are so badly written and such rubbish! we had a bit of a hyper afternoon hanging around the lowry outlet and buying lattes with way too much sugar in, eating loads of chocolate and reading love it. consequently we got very hyper, laughing at things that werent funny and finally understanding why sugar gives you such a high! but i havent crashed yet so well see when that happens!!! good night x