Sunday 18 July 2010

you ever love someone so much you can barely breathe when youre with them? you meet and neither one of you even know what hit 'em



there are so many amazing collaborations at the moment. the top 5 in the chart update on wednesday was all collaborations!
this is how it looked:
  1. airplanes by b.o.b ft. hayley williams. i am still totally addicted to this song. its just amazing, good emo pop.
  2. love the way you lie by eminem ft. rihanna (title lyrics from this). this song is so addictive! when i first heard they did a collaboration i thought eminem would have done a calmer song, a bit less controversial but no this song is literally about abuse! its a bit wierd after the whole chris brown thing but anyway its such a beautiful song.
  3. bang bang bang by mark ronson and the business. this song just gets in your head. im singing it now! its good quirky, fun pop! the perfect summer tune.
  4. we no speak americano by yolanda be cool and DCUP. who would call themselves DCUP but anyway i love this song. its a really grower but such a great dance tune. just loving it and its nice to hear a bit of spanish!
  5. just be good to green by professor green and lily allen. this song is probably one of my favourite collaborations this year. just love the contrast of their voices. its beautiful yet fun and an exciting song.

so that was the top 5 on wednesday. hopefully it will stay like that coz its been a long time since the top 5 looked this good. last summer there wasnt such great music around but it seems this summer is gonna be a summer of amazing music!

okay i think im gonna be taking a break from blogging. im going to france on thursday for 12 days. i think i just need a break from blogging to sort of remind me why i started blogging. btw im gonna be away for my blog's first birthday but just wanna say thank you to everyone who reads/follows my blog and thank you to all those of you who write blogs that really inspire me. love you all xxxx

UPDATE: the charts actually ended up as:

  1. airplanes by b.o.b
  2. we no speak americano by yolanda be cool and DCUP
  3. love the way you lie by eminem
  4. california girls by katy perry
  5. just be good to green by professor green

9 comments:

Is This Real Life? said...

i love rhi and eminems song, so good and B.O.B's is awesome too, i cant get it out of my head,hehe!

Melissa~ said...

I loved the colaboration between lilly and professor green.
Colaborations are my favourite things in music.

kisses!

WENDY said...

I must try Rihanna and Eminem! I think I'm extremely backdated when it comes to new songs. Pff.

ps : Thank you for your comments :)

indigotangerine said...

I like airplanes too, it makes me happy to hear a song i actually enjoy on the radio. Have fun in france! I'm jealous!
-indgio

Elissa said...

I love how b.o.bs song is soooo catchy

Elissa
xoxx

http://cassette-kid.blogspot.com/

J said...

oh my gosh have fun in france you are so lucky! try and snap a few pretty pics and have a beautiful time!
there was some issues with the inspiration packs the guy at the post office forgot to give me custome declarations so they had to be reposted. Maybe it will be there when you return from France.
Also the song that handstands lyric was from is
Chairlift - Bruises.
It was from one of the apple ads maybe for ipod touch hehe

Beth Ruby said...

Hope you have an AMAZING holiday!
And happy bloggers birthday, hope there will be many more to come :D
I really do love your blog, I always check it out for new music ideas (we have the exact same tastes haha I love it) and of course amazing photos. Oh and I really do appreciate all the comments you've sent me, sorry I haven't replied to them but I've been really busy doing my life guard award.

Also amazing post, I'm loving all of them on the list apart from California Girls which is doing my head in haha.
Anyway speak to you when you get back :)

Lotsa blogging hugs and kisses xoxo
ps) gonna go and check out the posts i've missed now on your blog woop woop

Samborakid said...

Congrats on the one year anniversary; I think a year is a good time to stand back and reflect, just to make sure you're blogging for the right reasons! But I look forward to your return, have a great holiday :) x

Samborakid said...

Congrats on the one year anniversary; I think a year is a good time to stand back and reflect, just to make sure you're blogging for the right reasons! But I look forward to your return, have a great holiday :) x