so i thought for this post i could go through the top five of the 'bbc sound for 2010' list. so here goes!
- ellie goulding-i just checked out my blog and i realised that ive never written about ellie goulding so heres a first! she won this title and i do love her music. under the sheets has really grown on me and she is the one new talent (except marina) that me and my friend agree on. i just love how soft and beautiful her music is. its like snowpatrol but softer and more dance sort of music. i guess shes more electric than snowpatrol. ellies music is really made to fit the dance genre but snowpatrol is more acoustic and about the guitars and shes about the tempo and everything. her music is a bit dubstep. and that was me trying to explain an artists sound! i really am crap at explaining just check out under the sheets!
- marina and the diamonds-heres a singer i have talked about before and i just love her music. shes like a modern kate bush doing pop. what a beautiful voice and her lyrics make so much sense but they are very clever. oh i just thought of the word to describe ellie goulding- electro pop. so back to marina, i love all her songs but one of my favourites has to be i am not a robot. marina makes some great music videos so check those out on youtube. she just has lots of fun with the music videos, i love it when artists do that. i think it was cornerstone by the arctic monkeys when all you have is stupid alex turner (hes a cool guy just hate his hair) just singing to the camera for 4 mins. hate arctic monkeys for that! the killers also make amazing music videos. right back to our list..
- delphic-i dont know a lot about them but doubt is just a great song. they really make such beautiful music.
- hurts-i LOVE this band and i only know one of their songs but its just beautiful. i know normally the title lyrics i use are very depressing. actually i cant remember when i used a happy title lyric but this title lyric is from hurts and its just beautiful. their song, wonderful life reminds me a lot of dont give up by kate bush and peter gabriel. they are both about not giving up and staying strong. they were both also made for a time of recession when people want to just give up. i love songs which have a strong message.
- the drums-ive just got completely obsessed with their song lets go surfing. maybe its to do with the snow! im getting quite fed up of the snow and someone told me its gonna carry on like this for six weeks. six fucking weeks! i hope its not true
so thats the top five. i looked at the full list but the rest i havent heard of except that stupid daisy girl. her music is dreadful. i hope it doesnt do well coz then it will always be on the radio and i do not wanna hear it.
so if youre bored check out these artists or go to cinema and watch sherlock holmes coz its amazing. such a fun film to watch cya x