Sunday 22 November 2009

but her eyes glaze over like shes looking straight through me then her eyes must have closed for what seems an eternity











i was reading this post on a blog i love called amore fashion and she was talking about helena bonham carter and it just reminded me of how much i love her and her whole gothic look. its weird coz i have a friend who has the same look, big black hair, white nearly silver skin. she has such a great 'i dont give a shit' look but still remains a lovely person.
she really inspires me, like desperately seeking susan, to wear black lace and just let my thick black hair just go crazy! i bought a new deep purple eyeshadow from MAC and when i was choosing it i was like to my friend 'i want my eyes to look like two big bruises' and my friend was laughing and was like 'only you rebecca!' i also went into topshop and there was this gorgeous dress that was a sleeveless black lace dress and i was desperate for it but it was forty quid and i would have to wear it with a whole outfit underneath but it would really transform a purple top and skirt to wear that on top. maybe ill save up!
last night i watched airplane which is a film released in 1980 and its just hilarious in that monty python way so if you like that then definitely watch airplane!
ive currently rediscovered the streets. im listening to fit but you know it and dry your eyes. fit but dont you know it is just so funny. its just a normal guy fancying a girl in the queue for some fast food place but its just hilarious the lyrics and btw the title lyrics are from dry your eyes. really beautiful song.
ive also rediscovered rasmus and franz ferdinand so no new music today! oh actually i am loving bombay bicycle club and they are quite new.
so this has been a long post (as usual)! have a lovely evening and a good night x

10 comments:

Te said...

I love The Streets, Helena and Franz. I am surprised you're only just discovering the Streets though, I thought they were quite big in the UK? I saw a gig back home in Australia, they were great. Ah..wait, I you said 'rediscovered' got it ;)

JadeRose said...

Loveee helena. SHe is so quirky, so etheral and so unusually beautiful. Kudos to her for her whacky style too. You've got to hand it to someone who doesn't follow trends and sets their own tone :)

Valencia Lia said...

Love love all these photos that you've picked so gorgeous!

I can't wait for my long weekend,yeahh:)

indigotangerine said...

helena boham carter = pure unadalturated love. she is simply captivating. and so unique! i'm looking forward to alice in wonderland...
-indigo

this wheel's on fire said...

i lovelovelove hbc! sounds like your weekend was amazing :)

Closet Full of Nothing said...

Great blog, very inspirational :) I've been wanting to try a deep purple for a dramatic looks, what's the color called?

Is This Real Life? said...

I used to love the streets too!

Melissa~ said...

I love her!!
her gothic look, how good she is. that sweet voice. I really like her. last night I was watching Sweeney tood, I love her work in that movie.
thanks for your comment!

Liya said...

hm, think i'm gonna check out this band!
and i love helena
i respect celebs who do their own thing no matter what

myglitteringcreation.blogspot.com

JadeRose said...

Couldn't agree more with the words you left on my daul kim post re. the harsh reality of a model's life. So very true. It makes you wonder how many more may just follow suit...scary thought :(

Thanks for stopping by x