Sunday 29 November 2009

he looked just like youd want him to some kind of slick chrome american prince




i went to town today and watched new moon finally and wow! it reminded me of when i read the book, which was around the time twilight came out, and i cried so much when i was reading new moon and it was really the same with the film except not as bad! the film had more jokes in so i wasnt crying as much but it was really funny coz i was crying in exactly the same bits as i cried in the book! but me and my friend bought some chocolate so that definitely helped. and i made sure to take out my tissues before the film and i didnt wear any make up! i was well prepared!
so these pictures are of paloma faith who is just so beautiful with such a gorgeous figure. she also has an immense voice!
i was reading an article in the daily telegraph and the journalist was saying that music nowadays is not about just a great voice, its about owning the song making it your own. its about putting on a performance because truth be told people dont listen to songs if they are crap but the artist has a great voice. its about having the whole package. like billy joel really had a big influence in the music world because he was really a poet with a dreadful voice but people bought (and still buy) his music because of the melodies and the lyrics. im very into lyrics so this definitely makes a lot of sense to me.
at the moment im loving sidney samson, chapel club and bombay bicycle club (i had a dream about them but thats a whole other story!)
i was in h & m today and i cant stay by the killers came on and i got so excited coz its a song from their fourth album that hasnt been released as a single in the uk but i love it. its my favourite song on the album hence the killers title lyrics (theyre from a dustland fairytale)
so have a good night x

8 comments:

Is This Real Life? said...

Paloma is so awesome, great post and beautiful pictures!

Samborakid said...

thats a cool theory; it definetely has to be about the whole package. there are a lot of singers in the industry that probably wouldn't get too far on the x factor if they went in disguise, but with the right band, arrangement, lyrics and show behind them its a different story.

Unknown said...

Lovely post, I'm actually a closet Billy Joel fan! Love his Greatest Hits.

Unknown said...

It's just above the knee on me, but I'm 5'6. It gently flares from under the bust, so should fit fine, but you could always belt it.

Liya said...

ill have to check paloma out!!

myglitteringcreation.blogspot.com

Melissa~ said...

I cried a lot when I read the book too! Now I feel I'm not the only one :). First time in my life that I cried with a book.
I still don't watch the movie, but I'll do it soon.
I'm going to carry some tissues too.

She's totally gorgeous, love her hair, my god!

Thank you so much for your comment!!

Anonymous said...

hi rebecca i couldnt believe it when u started crying in the middle of the film! (ok, i admit i was watching it for the 3rd time :-P) thx 4 paying 4 the choclates, btw xx esther

rebecca said...

haha hi esther! i thought i took the anonymous option away but i obviously didnt! ill have to keep it just for u or u could get a google account! cya x