Thursday 6 May 2010

its only been a week but i know that you are mine to keep





wow these pics from federico erra really dont reflect my mood. theyre really beautiful moody pics and i love them! so lets talk music since we havent in ages!
the title lyrics are from darwin deez (what a cute name!) who just makes some really cool music. hes like the indie version of jason mraz. he just makes some really cute, fun music. really summery and pretty.
also loving the pretty reckless which is a newish band with jenny from gossip girl (i cant remember her real name now!) their music is just good addictive pop but it has a bit of an edge. i like it!
also loving nirvana at the moment. i love the energy. i love you kurt cobain! do you know he died on my birthday?!! like on my exacy date of birth as well!
ohh im listening to muse now. muse is proper genius. supermassive black hole is just so clever.
so my study leave starts tomorrow! im so excited! im basically breaking up from my school now and next year im gonna be in a different school for a levels so its all very exciting! have a great weekend x

6 comments:

Melissa~ said...

I saw some picures of jenny's (I can't remember her name either) band, but I didn't listen it, I'll check them.
I'm listening Muse too, but I'm listening Starlight, genius.

Kisses Dear!

rouli said...

hey !!!!!!!

COOOOOOL POST!

lovely black and white figures!!!!

come visit and join!!!!

www.thebeautifulandthehard.blogspot.com

Isabell said...

It feels like all you ever do is give and give, and all I do is take and take - so now I'm gonna give this band to you, if you haven't been listening to them yet that is: Animal Kingdom. I especially like Tin Man and Home from their record Signs and Wonders.

I used to be a major Nirvana-fan in my early teens, when I was a bit lost and found comfort in music (which I still do but think I've found myself and who I want to be). I still pretty much know every song by heart, but since it tend to get a bit emotional for me listening to them I listen to other stuff these days. But you should check out a song called Sappy, it's a b-track so most people don't know about it, but for me it's soooo much feelings. I almost can't stand it and start to cry every other time I listen to it. Anyhow, it's a good track. Def worth a try!

If you ever feel down you should check out this blog: colormekatie.blogspot.com. She seems to have an endless amount of fantastic ideas and is so colourful and happy! I love her!

I hope anything of these things is new to you and that you can find some kind of joy out of it, as I get out of your posts and the amazing music you're talking about! So this is my way to say thank you for being active! xx

Is This Real Life? said...

These pictures are really beautiful esp. the first its really pretty! You always find really cool unusal pictures for your posts!
I keep meaning to check out Taylor Momsens band- pretty reckless, but i always forget to, so thanks for reminding me!
Have fun on your study leave!

rebecca said...

@ isabell thanks so much for the recomendations! i really loved the nirvana song, kurt cobains voice is just amazing to listen to. also really loved home by animal kingdom, i really need to check the band out. thanks for giving me some new music to listen to and its really lovely to know that you enjoy reading my blog. thanks so much x

Beth Ruby said...

Aw man. I wish I got study leave :(
My head teachers is making us go into school everyday for "exam preparation sessions" so I dont really have it.
Have fun off (although you will be revising I guess, so maybe not that fun!)
Fab post and photos as ever :)
xoxo